Saturday, February 18, 2012

So...I haven't blogged here in 2 months.

In that time, I traveled in a car from Seattle to Washington DC, with a brief detour to Mount Rushmore and 2 extended stays with family along the way.

Now, we're getting settled into our new home in southern Maryland. We live in a tiny rural town in a house that's surrounded by woods, about 5 miles from Chesapeake Bay. It's so peaceful and beautiful here - a great place to think, reflect, and write.

While I unpack and find new places for our things, I'm thinking about whether I should continue blogging here or not (it also looks like some of my photos have disappeared while I've been gone - including my profile photo - and I have no idea why). I've felt more removed from online life and more a part of the real world lately, and that's not a bad thing.

For now, I'm looking forward to getting settled in and exploring the area. And I also look forward to seeing some old friends again who have also landed in this area and meeting friends from online who live around here. I may come back here someday. I don't know. For the time being, I'll probably just leave this here as a record of where I've been. Right now, I'm not sure where I'm going, but I'm looking forward to the journey.

No comments: