Sunday, September 30, 2007

I Interrupt This Blog for a Very Important Announcement

In December, Lance and I will be moving to the Seattle area. We originally had orders for Tinker AFB (just outside Oklahoma City) and it wasn't the most ideal situation for him job-wise. But it was our great good fortune that a position opened up for an Air Force liaison for Boeing...he applied, and yesterday received word that the job is his. We are very excited. It's a tremendous opportunity for him, and will possibly set us up for life outside the military (when that glorious day finally comes).

This is great for me too. The travel and tourism industry is huge in Seattle, and I've already found a few great job prospects that would allow me to continue travel writing full-time and with excellent pay. Only I wouldn't be a freelancer. I would have gainful, steady employment with a company. I need that kind of security right now. There's one position in particular that I'm really excited about...it's right up my alley. I just don't want to get my hopes up too much, but it's such a perfect job for me and so exactly what I've been looking for, that I can't help but get worked up about it.

(By the way, if you see anything in that area that you think might be of interest to me, please direct me to it. Or, if you are an employer who is looking for a travel writer...well, hi!) :)

This means too, of course, that I will be writing a lot of Pacific Northwest posts from now on. This is an area of the US that I have not explored, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know it. Everyone who is familiar with that area, and with Seattle in particular, proclaims it to be very me...so I expect to fit right in and feel quite comfy there.

For now, we have a world of chaos to attend to, and I still have hundreds of photos from our travels in Bavaria and Venice. Look for these in the coming days. I will try to get those posted in the midst of all this resume tweaking and cover letter writing and house hunting.

No comments: