Saturday, August 14, 1999

Bath 1999: excerpts from my study abroad journal

It's after 1 am and we got in not too long ago from our night out. We went to Brown's, which is a rather swanky restaurant. The university paid for our food. I ordered the swordfish steak and mashed potatoes...yummy. I had toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce for dessert...really yummy.

(Note: And thus began my passionate love affair with sticky toffee pudding.)

After dinner we went to the Huntsman for drinks. Greg bought us all a round of drinks. The cider with blackcurrant was really really good...

Earlier in the day, Mary and I walked into town to sell our books. We tried so many bookstores and no one would help us until we went to the Guildhall market. I made 2.60 pounds from my books and donated what I didn't sell to the library.

***


Mary and I planned to go to lunch at Sally Lunn's. It was soooo good. I had half of a Sally Lunn bun with goat cheese and herbs and there was shredded lettuce, shredded carrots, tomato, cabbage, cucumber and bean sprouts on the side. It was one of the best meals I have had so far in England...

...Then we just browsed the shops. I bought two hand-made lace lapel pins - one for Mom and one for Grandma.

No comments: