Saturday, July 31, 1999

Bath 1999: excerpts from my study abroad journal

Saturday, July 31

Today was a good day, just long and tiring...Kim, Kerry, and I went to town today to do some shopping...We also went inside of the Abbey. It was so incredible inside. We spent quite a bit of time looking at everything. They had a prayer at 2:00, so we stayed for that. It was really awesome.

***


Sunday, August 1

At 7:30 we went to The Bell and I tried cider with blackcurrant. It was very good. I had a pint of that, stopped at Schwartz's for a milkshake, and now I'm having dinner.

Before I forget, a pretty amusing incident happened at The Bell. I was walking out to the patio and a woman stopped me to ask if I was wearing pants (underwear), and I said yes. She was explaining to me that she was arguing with the 2 men at her table. She said that women don't wear pants in the summer beacuse it's too hot. Then she laughed and said, "You're supposed to be on my side." Anyway, it was pretty funny.

No comments: